"With this smallish triangular corner block, it was very important to integrate the house and the garden as closely as possible – creating a cohesive whole and maximizing the use we gained from the garden. We designed this house with a specific final owner in mind – a couple with no children who wanted the convenience of an apartment, but with the bonus of being able to escape to their very own low maintenance, subtropical oasis and pool.”
- A small 305m2 block with two road frontages.
- The existing house already maximized the dwelling foot print, so it was imperative to work within the existing structure.
- To create an additional interior front entry, ensuite, and double carport.
- To design a ‘rock pool’ feel with entertaining area.
- To work within the existing character of the cottage but create a more relaxed ’beach house ‘effect.